What to put on a busy board
A busy board is a great way to keep young children entertained and engaged while stimulating their senses and developing their fine motor skills. Here are some items that you can consider putting on a busy board:
1. Door locks and latches: These can include various types of door latches, doorknobs, and sliding locks that the child can manipulate
2. Zippers, buttons, and snaps: These are great for developing fine motor skills and can be incorporated in the form of zippers, button closures, or snap fasteners.
3. Velcro strips: Children love playing with Velcro strips, which can be used to attach and detach various items on the board.
4. Light switches: Simple light switches can be added to the board, which children can flip on and off.
5. Gears and pulleys: These can be used to create simple machines that children can manipulate and play with.
6. Textures: Incorporating different textures such as sandpaper, bubble wrap, or fabric swatches can provide a tactile experience for children.
7. Mirrors: A small mirror can be attached to the board to allow children to explore their reflection.
8. Beads and wires: Children can thread beads through wires or move them around on a maze-like track.
9. Magnets: Magnets can be used to attach and detach various items on the board.
10. Musical elements: Incorporate items that make noise, such as bells, whistles, and xylophones.
These are just a few ideas to get you started. The possibilities are endless, and you can customize your busy board to suit your child's interests and needs.
Find busy board parts in our e-shop - https://belovedboards.com/collections/diy